The Fairfield Public School District is committed to protecting the privacy of its students, faculty and staff. In that effort, instructional and curricular resources are selected and procured with data security as a key criteria element, insuring students an effective yet safe educational experience. The district looks for suppliers/publishers to be signers of the K-12 School Service Provider Pledge to Safeguard Student Privacy which is enforceable by the Federal Trade Commission.
Signatories may be found here, which include resources used by Fairfield including Infinite Campus, Brain Pop, Naviance, Turnitin and others.
The District complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which has a goal of protecting a student’s educational records. Although FERPA regulations apply only to students, Fairfield Public Schools is equally committed to protecting the privacy of all data.
For more details on FERPA, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s FERPA webpage.
Effective October 1, 2016 the State of Connecticut student privacy law PA16-189 goes into effect. Fairfield is in the process of working with all publishers whose products are used by the district, that fall under the privacy legislation to obtain contract modifications to insure the suppliers are compliant with the law.
This page will be updated as contracts renew with a list of those executed under the newly required terms.
Contracts within the last 5 days
- 3250-Materials-Service – Fees, Fines, Charges -Lost-Damaged Equipment
- 3280 – Gifts, Grants, and Bequests
- 3280 AR-Administrative Regulations on Gifts
- 3440 – Inventories
- 3514 – Lending School Owned Equipment
- 3514AR – Administrative Regulations on Lending Sch.-Owned Equip
- 3543.31- Electronic Communications Use & Retention
- 3532.3 – Stolen Personal Property
- 4118.4 – 4218.4 – Electronic Monitoring
- 4118.5-4218.5 – FPS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for Sch. Personnel
- 4118.6 – 4218.6 – Cell Phone Use
- 6141.321-Student Internet Use
- 6141.321AR – Acceptable Use Guidelines & Agreement
- 6141.322 – Web Site & Home Page Development
- 6141.322AR – Administrative Regulations on Web Site & Home Page Development
- 6141.323 – Internet Acceptable Use Filtering
- 6141.324 – Publishing of Student Images
- 6141.324AR – Administrative Regulations on Publishing of Student Images
Portals & Resources