Brain Pop Videos – Use our school username and password to access these videos.
Discovery Education Early Settlers – Use our school username and password to access these videos.
Colonial America: the 13 Colonies. The basics from Ducksters.
Colonial Regions from Mr. Nussbaum
Colonial Vocabulary/Terms Flash Cards and Game
1. America’s Story: Jump Back in Time. from the Library of Congress.
3. The First Thanksgiving Take an interactive journey on the Mayflower, plus links to information about the Plymouth colony and the Wampanoag Indians.
8. Jamestown Fort Rediscovered Learn about the lives of some earliest colonists.
11. John Smith’s Voyages – A map showing the location of the Jamestown VA colony as well as local Native American tribes and other information. From VA Center for Digital History.
12. On the Trail of Captain John Smith (video)
13. Ogden House
17. Colonial House
18. Colonial Videos
24. Jamestown: Primary Source Set from the Library of Congress
25. American Journeys: Eyewitness Accounts of Early American Exploration and Settlement
26. Franklin’s Spark– a 25 minute video about early Philiadelphia and Ben Franklin’s life there. From History.Org
27. Go Back in Time to Ipswich, MA to look for clues about who lived there and what their lives were like. From Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
28. A Colonial Family and Community. Be a history detective. Go back in time and investigate the daily lives of the Daggetts, a colonial family from northeastern Connecticut. Collect clues to uncover answers to 7 questions about colonial life in the 1700s. Then prove your skills as a history detective by discovering “What’s wrong with this picture?”
29. Colonial Sign Game Can you match the trade sign to the correct occupation?
30. Simple Machines in the Colonies: Watch the video below to find out how the colonists used simple machines to make their work easier.