Dr. David G. Title
501 Kings Highway East
Fairfield, CT 06825
About Dr. David G. Title
The Superintendent can be followed on Twitter: @FairfieldSuper
David Title has served as Superintendent of Schools in Fairfield, CT since July 1, 2010. Prior to coming to Fairfield, Dr. Title served as Superintendent of Schools in Bloomfield from 2002 to 2010. In 2010, he was named Connecticut’s Superintendent of the Year. The Connecticut Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development named him Educational Leader of the Year in 2002. From 2011-2013, he served as Chairman of the Governor’s Early Childhood Cabinet, charged with developing plans to implement high quality early childhood education and care for all of Connecticut’s children.
Prior to Bloomfield, he served as Assistant Superintendent of Schools in Waterford from 1990 to 2002. Dr. Title served as the Assistant Principal at Somers High School and a history teacher at East Granby High School and Longmeadow, MA High School.
A native of West Hartford, Dr. Title earned his Doctorate in Educational Administration from Harvard University and a Master’s Degree from the University of Massachusetts. He received a Bachelor’s Degree from Dartmouth College, where he majored in History. He was a high school basketball official in Connecticut for 23 years.
He lives in Fairfield with his family.
@FairfieldSuper TwitterTweets by @FairfieldSuper
- January 9 Security Forum: Town Press Release
- Security Update from Town Officials December 2013
- UNH Incident
- Superintendent Letter for January 7, 2013
- Previous Superintendent Letters
Osborn Hill Updates
- Superintendent's Message/Celebrations June 2014
- Superintendent's Message/Celebrations February 2014
- November 5, 2013 Superintendent Letter to Parents
- Superintendent's Message/Celebrations June 2013
- Superintendent's Message/Celebrations February 2013
- Superintendent's Message/Celebrations June 2012
- Previous Superintendent's Message/Celebrations
Together with colleagues, Dr. Title accepts the ALS ice bucket challenge.
Dr. Title appears on STAR 99.9 radio show to answer back-to-school questions