The Fairfield School Nurses address the physical, mental, emotional, and social health needs of students and support their achievement in the learning process through assessment, intervention, and follow-up for all children within the school setting.
The nurses are active members of school resource teams, participating as members of the Crisis Team, Student Assistance Team and Child Study Team among others. The nurses actively participate in the PPT process and work collaboratively to develop health and education plans with the student, family, medical providers and school staff, acting as an advocate for students with health concerns. The Fairfield School Nurses provide health education and health promotion activities such as accident and illness prevention, allergy awareness, and individual education for chronic illnesses.
Additional nursing services include:
- First aid for illness and injury
- Administration of medications and medical treatments
- Screenings for vision, hearing and postural evaluations
- Review state mandated immunizations and health assessments for all students.
- Health Assessment Form for K-12
- Early Childhood Health Assessment (Pre-K only)
- Authorization for Administration of Medication in School
- Authorization for Administration of Medications for Severe Allergic Reactions
- Authorization for Epinephrine Administration by Bus Drivers on District Transportation
- Authorization for Administration of Medications for Seizures
- Medical Statement for Meal Modification
- Authorization for Administration of Medication by Qualified School Personnel