The Fairfield Public School District is committed to protecting the privacy of its students, faculty and staff. In that effort, instructional and curricular resources are selected and procured with data security as a key criteria element, insuring students an effective yet safe educational experience. The district looks for suppliers/publishers to be signers of the K-12 School Service Provider Pledge to Safeguard Student Privacy which is enforceable by the Federal Trade Commission.
The district also asks all suppliers to take the state pledge for privacy compliance in addition to processing contract addendums through the Connecticut Ed Tech platform.
Signatories may be found here, which include resources used by Fairfield including Infinite Campus, Brain Pop, Naviance, Turnitin and others.
The District complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which has a goal of protecting a student’s educational records. Although FERPA regulations apply only to students, Fairfield Public Schools is equally committed to protecting the privacy of all data.
For more details on FERPA, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s FERPA webpage.
The district complies with CT state statutes 16-189, 17-200 and 18-125 which govern student data privacy. Fairfield has an established process for faculty and staff regarding the acquisition of software applications to insure contracts and usage of applications is compliant with state and federal law.
The district works with all publishers whose products are used by the district that collect student personal identity data and/or store student content to insure the supplier’s practices are compliant and student data is secure.
This page will be updated as contracts renew/add or are replaced with a list of those in force and executed under the required terms.
Contracts within the last 5 days
- 3250-Materials-Service - Fees, Fines, Charges -Lost-Damaged Equipment
- 3280 - Gifts, Grants, and Bequests
- 3280 AR-Administrative Regulations on Gifts
- 3440 - Inventories
- 3514 - Lending School Owned Equipment
- 3514AR - Administrative Regulations on Lending Sch.-Owned Equip
- 3543.31- Electronic Communications Use & Retention
- 3532.3 - Stolen Personal Property
- 4118.4 - 4218.4 - Electronic Monitoring
- 4118.5-4218.5 - FPS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for Sch. Personnel
- 4118.6 - 4218.6 - Cell Phone Use
- 6141.321-Student Internet Use
- 6141.321AR - Acceptable Use Guidelines & Agreement
- 6141.322 - Web Site & Home Page Development
- 6141.322AR - Administrative Regulations on Web Site & Home Page Development
- 6141.323 - Internet Acceptable Use Filtering
- 6141.324 - Publishing of Student Images
- 6141.324AR - Administrative Regulations on Publishing of Student Images
Portals & Resources
Acceptable Use Policies