Cross Country (Boys & Girls) – Home Page
For more information please click on the link below:
All prospective cross country participants need to complete the online registration process and have a current physical on file with the nurse.
Thursday, August 22nd at 7:00 PM at the Warde track. Please be there with running shoes on, dressed appropriately for the weather with a stop watch and water.
- Physical turned into the nurse as soon as possible.
- Online registration completed.
What Else You Need:
- A good pair of running shoes. You do not want to run in old shoes.
- A stop watch. It is essential to time runs, cell phones are awkward.
- Work outs and running logs to know and record everything.
The summer is your chance to build a base. So get out and run. Focus on easy runs and slowly building your base mileage by no more than 10% per week.
“Cross Country races are won in the summer.”
Abdominals and Body Conditioning:
In season we will be doing these exercises every day. So, start now. You should be able to complete 8 minutes of mixed abdominal exercises by the time the season starts. You can try…
Sit-Ups / Russian Twists / Planks / Flutter Kicks /Toe Touches
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to reach Mr. Foster: [email protected]